Individual Members are defined as anyone who holds a management position in emergency services, provided that they do not hold active membership in any association or union that represents firefighters in collective bargaining.
- May be held by persons who are not eligible to serve as Individual Members but who are interested in supporting the objectives of the Association.
- This category also includes manufacturers and distributors of fire and emergency services equipment and supplies and/or members of their organizations plus other individuals or organizations interested in and supportive of the objectives of the Association.
- Status is accorded to persons retiring who have served in the Office of President of the Association.
- Status may also be extended to an Individual Member who has been in good standing for a period not less than ten years, upon retirement from the position(s) that qualified them to hold Individual Membership and upon application to the Board through the Executive Director.
May be held by any person having served the Association with honor and distinction, upon the recommendation of the Resolutions Committee and adoption by a majority vote of members at the Annual Meeting.
- Accorded to Individual Members who retired but do not qualify for Life Associate status.
AFFILIATE COMPANY OFFICER ASSOCIATE
- Available to company officers to assist them in their development as Chief Fire Officers.